Engineered Wood Products
Advanced technology, design and engineering are producing structurally superior wood products for a variety of uses in the concrete forming industry. EWP products for use in concrete forming applications utilize the highest-quality materials to ensure product performance and dependability. The companies of Universal Forest Products have been engineering wood products, such as plated trusses, since 1955. We also distribute LVL, LSL and I-joist products from APA member mills.
Engineered Wood Products are specifically made for use in tilt-up construction, bridge deck applications, and vertical and horizontal forming applications. Every piece is consistent, usable and built to perform even when exposed to the elements over time. There is no sorting to find good pieces or knots and wane to work around. In addition to these benefits, your crews will be required to handle less material than forming the same project with traditional materials.
The UFP Concrete Forming Solutions formwork group can show you the value of working with EWP products like these on your next project
As the nation’s leading producer of wood trusses for both the residential and concrete forming industries, we have mastered the technology behind plated wood trusses. Some benefits of our plated wood trusses are:
- Designed and engineered to exact specifications
- Make void fill/block out needs easy to form
- Angled ends allow for easy strip in deck applications
- Easy to handle and install in the field
LVL Form Beam
Utilizing the strength and durability of Laminated Veneer Lumber products manufactured at APA member mills gives our formwork group and our customers the confidence of knowing they are choosing quality, premium products that will provide consistency and durability for multiple years. LVL Form Beam is protected from long-term exposure to the elements by high-quality edge seal, that makes it a long-term asset to your company. You will experience:
- Superior structural values compared to traditional dimensional lumber
- Consistent wane-free nailing surfaces
- Highest reusability factor of any wood-forming member
- Carpenter friendly, unlike non-wood structural members
- Precision trimming to a tolerance of 1/16” available
Concrete Form Boards
UFP Concrete Forming Solutions is the leading distributor of concrete form board products throughout the U.S.. By utilizing either Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) or Laminated Strand Lumber (LSL) form board on your tilt-up construction project, you will quickly realize the value this product line can bring to your company as you take it from one job to the next. There are three major factors that make this EWP product the best choice for edge form lumber:
- 100% usable product
- Always straight
- No wane or knot holes
- Will not split or warp like traditional dimensional lumber
- Highest reusability factor of any wood edge-forming product
Concrete Form I-Joist
UFP Concrete Forming I-joists (CFIs) are no ordinary I-joist. CFIs are manufactured to perform in concrete forming applications where loads are often 3-4 times the magnitude of a residential project. Selecting a CFI as opposed to a residential I-joist is essential for the safety of crews at a jobsite.
- CFIs are available in 9 ½” to 24” depths
- CFIs are free of pre-punched “knock-outs” common in residential I-joists
- Made to endure high moisture levels and prolonged exposure to the elements
- Capable of reducing amount of shoring required in long-span situations
LVL Scaffold Plank
UFP Concrete Forming Solutions distributes LVL Scaffold Plank that is OSHA certified and is embossed with the appropriate APA trademarks. There is no compromise when it comes to safety, so we maintain a very exclusive and short list of vendors for this particular item.
- Standard thicknesses – 1 ½”, 1 5/8” and 1 ¾”
- Standard widths – 9 ¼”, 9 ½” 11 ¼”, 11 7/8”
- Abraded surfacing available
- Fire-treated Plank available
For further information on EWP Products for the concrete forming industry, please view Pacific Woodtech’s Forming Guide – Technical Data for Concrete Formwork.